From the Fall 2009 Assocation for Mindfulness in Education Conference
- Still Quiet Place Outline Amy Saltzman, M.D.
- Betsy Rose Mindfulness Handouts Betsy Rose
- The Neuroscience of Attention, Emotion, & Meditation: Implications for Education
Alfred W. Kaszniak, Ph.D.
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction for the Treatment of Adolescent
Psychiatric Outpatients: A Randomized Clinical Trial Gina M. Biegel
- Somewhere Deep Within Poem
- Garrison Institute Report: A Survey of Programs Using Contemplative Practices in K-12 Educational Settings: A Mapping Report
- Teaching Mindfulness to Children, Karen Hooker and Iris Fodor.
- Opening the Contemplative Mind in the Classroom, Tobin Hart, Ph.D.
- Mindfulness in the Classroom—Getting to Know Yourself in School, Jon Kabat-Zinn, Ph.D.
- Love and Knowledge: Recovering the Heart of Learning Through Contemplation, Arthur Zajonc
- Learning to Stop; Stopping to Learn: Embarking on the Contemplative Learning Path, Richard Brady
- Mindful Kids, Peaceful Schools, Jill Suttie
- USA Today, 6/8/09 Mindfulness Meditation Being Used in Hospitals, Schools
- New York Times, 6/16/07: In the Classroom, A New Focus on Quieting the Mind
- Los Angeles Times, 7/25/07: Take a Breath: Meditation in Schools is Not a Religious Practice That Raises Any Church-State Issues
- Acceptance and Mindfulness Treatments for Children and Adolescents, Laurie Greco, ed and Stephen Hayes, ed.
- Teaching Meditation to Children, David Fontana and Ingrid Slack
- Meditation in Schools: Calmer Classrooms, edited by Clive and Jane Erricker
- Mindful Teaching, and Teaching Mindfulness, Deborah Schoeberlein.
- Tuning In Mindfulness in Teaching and Learning, Irene McHenry and Richard Brady
Chapter 7 - Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction for School-Age Children. By Amy Saltzman, M.D. and Philippe Goldin, Ph.D
Reprinted with permission by New Harbinger Publications, Inc. www.newharbinger.com
- Center for Contemplative Mind in Society
- Center for Mindfulness, in Medicine, Health Care, and Society (CFM), University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Clinically Applied Affective Neuroscience Lab in the Department of Psychology at Stanford University
- Garrison Institute
- Hawn Foundation
- Impact Foundation
- InnerKids Foundations: Offering mindfulness in the Los Angeles Public School System
- Inner Resilience Program
- Kinder Associates: Offering mindfulness in the Lancaster and Reading Public School Systems
- Mindful Awareness Research Center, UCLA
- Mindfulness in Education Network
- Open Circle Program
- Psych-Insights: The Mindfulness Project
- Still Quiet Place
If you know of additional resources for mindfulness and education, please contact: